Friday, January 13, 2012

Starting the cleanse: Day One

If anyone is still on the fence about whether or not to join the Cleanse, do it!  You can start any time, and the cleanse is recommended for 21 days... but even a few days is a good break for your body.  It's a great way to start 2012, and as Dr. Junger says, "Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels."

If you are on the cleanse, feel free to comment here or on the FB page: Morgantown Clean Program

This morning I woke up and made lunch for me and Matt, just so the cooking would be out of the way.  Quinoa salad with chicken and mixed greens - it was delicious.  Definitely try this recipe if you are on the cleanse and haven't had it yet.  Breakfast was a berry smoothie and I have to say that I was starving by the time lunch rolled around.  I had my one "allowed" cup of green tea, and that helped a little.  Things were fine after lunch, then around 1:00 I started feeling really tired.  I tried tea, lemon water, coconut water, almond milk - nothing was helping.  So at 3:00 I had a snack of Annie's Gone crackers and hummus (recipe in book) and almond butter.  That was perfect.  I didn't need anything else until dinner, where we had the zucchini and basil soup.  It was just okay.  I don't think I'll be making that one again.  However... suprisingly after the soup I was not hungry at all, and still do not feel hungry and it's 9:30 PM.  I am hoping this is a sign that my body is adjusting to less food at night, and that tomorrow will be even easier.

I had my doubts about starting the cleanse right before a long weekend, but I think it is a good thing because there really is never a good time to start a cleanse... and I will have a lot of time to get used to cooking and eating a big lunch without having to negotiate around a weekly schedule of school, activities, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment