Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day six: make it your own cleanse

We had a relaxing, restorative, and detoxing yoga class tonight, closing with meditation around a candle.  Conversation afterwards turned to recipe recommendations, energy levels, and general body changes.  No one had any issues with hunger, even those who were not snacking during the day.  There were a few headaches, possibly because of caffeine withdrawl, but generally those went away by day three.

For those of you who may not have started yet, after reading the Clean book, sometimes the thought of taking all the supplements and making all of the recipes, along with still living your busy life, can seem overwhelming.  But it is important to take a step back and just do as much as you can. 

For instance, the book gives recipes to make your own almond milk and coconut milk, which many people might choose to do.  I would go insane if I tried to spend the time to do that, so I buy them at the store.  You can take it to whatever level you feel is healthiest for your body and mind (sanity). I was drinking a La Croix sparkling water the other day and Matt did a quick search online to find that it was not allowed by the Clean Program because the carbonation was added to the water, and wasn't natural.  But I'm still drinking La Croix daily.  I know I'm rebel, right?  But seriously, added carbonation didn't bother me, but the amount of meat and fish that are allowed on the cleanse do bother my body, and I am trying to minimize those because I don't feel that I processes them as well as the vegan foods.

The point is to find the balance that is right for your body, and go with it.  As you experiment with the recipes you'll find certain things that really agree with your body.  Take those ingredients and feel the empowerment of possibly creating a meal on your own with some of your favorite foods.  Once you make a few things, you get the idea of what is allowed and what is not.  Be creative, and of course avoid the stress of overdoing it. 

For those of you who are getting close to the end of week 1, go get a massage!  You can reward yourself, and t is a really good way to work toxins out of your body.

If anyone has some particularly delicious recipes that they have tried, please post here or on the FB page: Morgantown Clean Program.

No comments:

Post a Comment