Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day five: goop, chia seeds and olive oil

I could be one of the only people doing this cleanse that did NOT know that Gwyneth Paltrow is doing the cleanse at the same time.  I swear I didn't copy her, but now I feel sort of like when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt named their child Pax after we named our son Paxon, and soon afterwards when I would say "Pax" in public I would realize that there were some people who probably thought I was huge Brangelina fan.

But the timing could not be better for this because Gwenyth's website, Goop, has some amazing recipes on it, and all of you should check them out (thank you to Stacey who gave me this tip today).  Here is the link, and there the two newsletters to look at are: "Healthy Recipes" and "The Goop Cleanse".  I am looking forward to trying some.

http://goop.com/category/make

There are many things that I didn't try to do on the first cleanse because I was simply overwhelmed by the entire life changing experience.  But this time I decided to try some of the supplements.  I am taking probiotics, and also found chia seeds today at Mountain People's co-op as a fiber supplement.  I haven't eaten them before, so I researched them online, and they are amazing!  Basically, they are flax seeds, but better.  If you haven't added these to your smoothies yet, you should.

Then last night I thought that I might try to eat the recommended two tablespoons of olive oil before bed, which is also supposed to aid in the detoxification process.  I had eaten soup around 5:30 PM, and then took the olive oil around 9:30 PM, and followed it by a glass of lemon water.  My stomach did not like digesting the oil without anything else in it.  I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but it didn't work well for me.  It is sufficient to say, I'm not going to be taking the olive oil again.

This morning Matt made a baked apple smoothie and it was warm and delicious.  It takes a little bit of time because you cook the apples, but it's worth it.  However, he thought three apples would be enough for two people, and we could have used four.  The link for the recipes that he found online (including baked apple) is:

https://docs.google.com/#folders/0B_mXq-kRc9s6OTRmZDgxYWEtZWQwYi00MzZjLTkwOGQtOTNjOWVlOTUwOTNj

Lunch was the Tri-Salad Platter from the book, and it was fantastic (I think one of the best ones in the book), and dinner was a berry smoothie.  It was sort of odd, but I didn't think I wanted to eat dinner tonight, but finally got hungry around 7:00.

By the way, the Warm and Easy Butternut Squash soup in the book is one of my favorites.  But only make if you are a fan of butternut squash - Matt doesn't like it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment