Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day nine: noticing positive changes (and a sinful smoothie recipe)

I am starting to notice positive changes from the cleanse.  First off, I have lost four pounds.  It's the weight that has been hanging around since I gave birth to my first child, and the best part about losing it is that I lost it while feeling pretty good and eating yummy food.  I also notice that my skin looks better.  I was having issues with consistent, annoying acne before the cleanse (I can guess that it was coffee and chocolate) and now those problems are gone.  I have also noticed that I am more productive.  I have a clear focus when I begin a project, and I actually see it through (if I have the time).

And the best part of doing this cleanse is the sleep.  Once my head hits the pillow, I am out, and I don't wake up until morning.  Let me repeat that - I don't wake up at all in the middle of the night!  I know, amazing, right?  In the morning I wake up around the time when my alarm is supposed to go off, and I feel completely refreshed and awake.  I know that sounds a little too good to be true, but if anyone has insomnia or sleep problems, I highly recommend trying this, because it could be your eating/drinking patterns that are causing it.

If you are noticing some positive changes in your life, please share them with others, either here or in person.  Maybe it will get some people to try the cleanse who aren't sure yet if they want to start.

And lastly, I made a great smoothie tonight.  We ate it with a spoon.  Here is the recipe.

Raspberry Chocolate Mousse:
1 avocado
1 cup raspberries
1 tbsp . organic cocoa
2 tbsp. brown rice syrup (or agave)
1/4 c. coconut milk
almond milk - enough to mix it all up

4 comments:

  1. this smoothie sounds amazing. i had a raw key lime pie once that was made with avocado and it was completely unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. smoothie sounds delicious - i'll be making it tomorrow morning! tonight i made gwenyth's broccoli and arugula soup - it was the best soup i have had on the cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep much better, but my face looks like a "before" ad for ProActive. All part of the process, I guess, but not a good look. And that smoothie sounds great, looking forward to it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many ways that our bodies detoxify! Once your skin clears up, you will probably notice that your pores are smaller. You could also notice things like body odor, bad breath, and other fun things like that. : ) Stay with it! By the third week you will probably feel much better.

    ReplyDelete